Keys Locked in Trunk? Here are 4 Things You Can Do Right Away
It only takes a split second. Before you know it, you locked your keys in the trunk of your car. In fact, it’s something most people are not even remotely prepared for. You didn’t even mean for it to happen, but it happened anyway.
If you find yourself in this unfortunate predicament, it is usually best to call a professional right away to get some peace of mind. However, if you have some time to spare, here are a few things you can try while you wait for help to arrive.
Look for a Spare Key
- Sometimes, you keep your spare keys in your back pocket. Otherwise, call your significant other or family member and see if they can get the spare key to you. Consider that it can take up to 1 hour for a technician to arrive at your location, so if your family lives nearby, they can get the key to you before the locksmiths can.
Look for an Opening in the Back Seat
- This one sounds simple enough, but if you’re panicking and not thinking straight, you may have forgotten that this method exists. If you have back seats, check to see if you can open them via a latch or a button on the seats. If your seats fold down, voila, you have just gained access to your trunk!
Look for a ‘trunk open’ button at the driver’s seat of your car
- Again, this sounds very simple, but we sometimes forget just how sophisticated our cars are these days. If you have access to your car interior, then look for a small lever on the driver’s side that lets you release the lock on your trunk. If you’re not sure where it is, check out your owner’s manual to see where it’s located in your car.
Call a Locksmith
The last option you have, if all else fails, is to call a local automotive locksmith working in the area.
- If you have a smartphone, call up several locksmiths in the area and compare the quotes they give you. Many of them may be cheap, but they may not be honest about the total price. So make sure to check their website to see if they are a legitimate company to do business with.
- Additionally, let the locksmith know about your situation when they get there. They may not immediately know your keys are in the trunk, so they may try to unlock your car first.
- Remember that the locksmith will do as much as he/she can to open the trunk for you, so the price may vary from what you were originally quoted over the phone.
- Keep in mind that these professionals may take up to an hour to get to your location.
Locksmith Las Vegas to the Rescue
When you have the keys locked in trunk, you can feel hopeless and lost. But it doesn’t have to be the end. If you really have run out of options and are stuck in a parking lot or on the road. Give Locksmith Las Vegas a call at (702) 577-2941 and we will come and open the trunk for you fast. We are open 24 hours a day so call us today for keys locked in trunk.